Warming Center Lead Staff Full-Time
The Lead Staff person provides leadership during individually assigned work shifts in accordance with the mission of Catholic Charities. The Shelter Lead Staff person will have local authority when the Coordinator is not present. The Lead Staff person is responsible to assist in the day-to-day operations and activities of the shelter. The Lead Staff person will provide shift supervision to volunteers and provide them with support and assist with their training.
- Education: A High School diploma with some post-high school credits preferred.
- Possess specific interest/training/experience with homeless or marginalized populations.
- Is able to follow established policies and procedures.
- Exhibits leadership qualities.
- Displays compassion and respect to others.
- Knowledge and commitment to the mission of Catholic Charities.
- Ability to lead; be recognized as a leader; able to exercise fair and good judgment.
- Of good moral character; possess excellent decision making skills.
- Excellent communication skills; be a good listener.
- Ability to multi-task; be innovative; able to respond to urgent and/or unexpected needs.
- Possess safe food handling skills.
- Ability to work with volunteers.
- Commitment to the mission of Catholic Charities.
- Directs the general operations of the shelter for their assigned shift.
- Assures volunteers display personal dignity and respect to all guests.
- Supervises the volunteers and assures volunteers are in place as scheduled for the assigned shift and obtains substitute shift volunteers as needed.
- Performs data and record keeping function as required and assigned.
- Collaborates with other Catholic Charities co-workers in other programs and offices.
- Maintains client confidentiality in accordance with reasonable standards.
- Follows policies and procedures of Catholic Charities of the Diocese of La Crosse.
- Other duties that may be assigned.
Some travel may be required to attend meetings, staff development and administrative requirements of Catholic Charities.
For immediate consideration, please fill out an application online.