SOJOURNER HOUSE LEAD STAFF
We have multiple part-time Intake Coordinator/House Lead Staff openings that assist in the operations of a local community initiative. The role provides shift supervision, support, and training to volunteers during assigned evening and night shifts. Ideal candidates will possess excellent decision-making and interpersonal skills. Candidates should be recognized as a leader and have the ability to respond to urgent and/ or unexpected situations. Prior experience with the homeless or vulnerable desired. Candidates must be willing to work nights, weekends & rotating holidays. $11.00-$13.00 per hour. Students interested in the human services field encouraged to apply!
• Directs the general operations of the house during assigned shift.
• Assures volunteers display personal dignity and respect to all guests. • Supervises volunteers to assure they are in place as scheduled for the assigned shift and obtain substitute shift volunteers as needed.
• Capture intake information – demographics of guests.
• Refer guests to available services – i.e. housing assistance.
• Performs data and record keeping functions as required and assigned.
• Maintains client confidentiality in accordance with reasonable standards. Shift Details:
• Shifts are scheduled 7 days a week
Current need is:
• Sunday-Saturday – 1:30 am-8:30 am Apply online at www.cclse.org
• Ability to lead; be recognized as a leader; able to exercise fair and good judgment.
• Of good moral character; possess excellent decision making skills.
• Excellent communication skills; be a good listener.
• Ability to multi-task; be innovative; able to respond to urgent and/or unexpected needs.
• Possess safe food handling skills. • Ability to work with volunteers. Skills/Qualification Requirements:
• Education: A High School diploma with some post-high school credits preferred.
• Possess specific interest/training/experience with homeless or marginalized populations.
• Displays compassion and respect to others
For immediate consideration, please fill out an application online and attach your resume and cover letter.