Sojourner House Coordinator
The Sojourner House Coordinator provides leadership in accordance with the Sojourner House mission and in accordance with the mission of Catholic Charities. The Sojourner House Coordinator is responsible “to provide a safe, clean place for individuals to sleep overnight; shower, clean their clothing, and have breakfast while ensuring our guest’s personal dignity, respect, and safety.” The Coordinator will work collaboratively to link guests to other appropriate services within the Eau Claire Community and Catholic Charities. The Coordinator will provide supervision to other Sojourner House employees and volunteers and provide them with support and consultation. The Coordinator will be a link to other agencies, organizations, and the general community.
- Education: Bachelors Degree in a Human Services field preferred.
- Possess specific training/experience working with homeless or marginalized populations.
- Exhibits leadership qualities.
- Displays compassion and respect to others.
- Knowledge and commitment to the mission of Catholic Charities.
- Ability to lead; be recognized as a leader; able to exercise fair and good judgment.
- Of good moral character; possess excellent decision making skills.
- Excellent communication skills; be a good listener.
- Ability to multi-task; be innovative; able to respond to urgent and/or unexpected needs.
- Be willing to be flexible with schedule and work additional hours as needed.
- Ability to work with volunteers; be willing to go out into the community to do volunteer recruitment and assist with fund raising.
- Commitment to the mission of Catholic Charities.
For immediate consideration, please fill out an application online and attach your resume and cover letter.