Lead Staff-Eau Claire Community Haven House
Through the direction of the Eau Claire Community Haven House Administrative Team (Facility Coordinator and the Assistant Coordinator), the lead worker provides direct services in accordance with the Warming Center mission and in accordance with the mission of collaborative partners. The lead staff is responsible “to provide a safe, clean place for single men and women, regardless of what their ambitions or hopes are while ensuring our guest’s personal dignity, respect, and safety.” The lead worker will work to make the guests feel welcome and engage them in appropriately social distant discussion, encouragement, and activities. They will work to provide supervision to other Eau Claire Community Haven House guests. They will also provide direction and support to the volunteers of the facility.
- Possess specific training/experience working with homeless or marginalized populations.
- Exhibits leadership qualities.
- Displays compassion and respect to others.
- Ability to lead; be recognized as a leader; able to exercise fair and good judgment.
- Of good moral character; possess excellent decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication skills; be a good listener.
- Ability to multi-task; be innovative; able to respond to urgent and/or unexpected needs.
- Be willing to be flexible with schedule and work additional hours as needed.
- Ability to work with volunteers.
- Assists the administrative team with the general operations of the Eau Claire Community Haven House.
- Assures the volunteers display personal dignity and respect to all guests.
- Assists with the supervision of the volunteers.
- Maintains appropriate record keeping, data, and reporting needs in accordance with policies of the Eau Claire Community Haven House.
- Collaborates with Catholic Charities Sojourner House staff to work in unison with the needs of the homeless population.
- Maintains client confidentiality in accordance with reasonable standards.
- Other duties that may be assigned.
The Lead Worker will be supervised and report to the Eau Claire Community Haven House Assistant Coordinator in conjunction with the Coordinator.
PAY RANGE: $15.00 to $17.99 based on experience. Hours are variable, Monday-Sunday from 8 am to 5 pm. Part-time positions available: Work up to 29 hours per week with paid leave time & Holiday pay. On-call positions available: Work occasional hours as needed. Perfect for those who volunteered before and want flexibility!
For immediate consideration, please fill out an application online and attach your resume and cover letter.