Eau Claire Community Haven House Assistant Coordinator
Eau Claire Community Haven House-in partnership with Eau Claire City, Eau Claire County, a host of nonprofit organizations and the Greater Eau Claire Community.
Through the direction of the CHH Coordinator and Director of Housing Services, The Assistant Coordinator provides local leadership in accordance with the CHH mission and in accordance with the mission of collaborative partners. The Assistant Coordinator is responsible “to provide a safe, clean place for single men and women, regardless of what their ambitions or hopes are while ensuring our guest’s personal dignity, respect, and safety.” The Assistant Coordinator will work collaboratively to link guests to other appropriate services within the Eau Claire Community and Community Partners. The Assistant Coordinator will provide supervision to other CHH employees and volunteers and provide them with support and consultation. The Assistant Coordinator will be a link to other agencies, organizations, and the general community. This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week that ends on March 31st, 2025. Pay range: $16.83 to $20.23.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Business Management or related field desired.
- Minimum of an Associate Degree in Business/Management or Social Work or equivalent experience will be considered.
- Possess specific training/experience working with homeless or marginalized populations.
- Exhibits leadership qualities.
- Displays compassion and respect to others.
- Ability to lead; be recognized as a leader; able to exercise fair and good judgment.
- Of good moral character; possess excellent decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication skills; be a good listener.
- Ability to multi-task; be innovative; able to respond to urgent and/or unexpected needs.
- Be willing to be flexible with schedule and work additional hours as needed.
- Ability to work with volunteers; be willing to go out into the community to do volunteer recruitment and assist with fund raising.
- Assists the Coordinator with the general operations of the Warming Center.
- Assures the staff and volunteers display personal dignity and respect to all guests.
- Assists with the supervision of the CHH staff and volunteers.
- Is responsible for scheduling to assure open hours are covered.
- Provides staff training.
- Supervises the CHH volunteers.
- Assures volunteers are scheduled for all open hours.
- Provides volunteer training.
- Recruits volunteers.
- Develops community relationships.
- Develops and makes presentation on services and activities of CHH.
- Becomes a local “face” of CHH.
- Maintains appropriate record keeping, data, and reporting needs in accordance with policies of CHH.
- Consults with the community partners to identify practices and approaches to best serve guests’ needs.
- Collaborates with Catholic Charities Sojourner House staff to work in unison with the needs of the homeless population.
- Maintains client confidentiality in accordance with reasonable standards.
- Other duties that may be assigned.
The CHH Assistant Coordinator’s supervision and reporting function is to the Warming Center Coordinator and Director of Housing Services.
For immediate consideration, please fill out an application online and attach your resume and cover letter.