Eau Claire Community Haven House Assistant Coordinator
Through the direction of the Eau Claire Community Haven House Coordinator, the Assistant Coordinator provides local leadership in accordance with the mission of the Eau Claire Community Haven House and Catholic Charities. The Assistant Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day operations of providing a safe, clean place for single men or women, regardless of what their ambitions or hopes are, to be, participate in services, receive hospitality, referrals to resources and get a reprieve from the outdoors. The Assistant Coordinator will work collaboratively to link guests to other appropriate services within the community. They will provide supervision to other employees and volunteers and provide them with support and consultation. The Assistant Coordinator will be a link to other agencies, organizations, and the general community. This is a temporary part-time position that may turn into full-time: 25 hours/week, but could be up to 40 hours/week. Pay range: $16.83 to $20.23.
- Education: High School Diploma (Bachelor’s degree preferred).
- Possess specific training/experience working with homeless or marginalized populations.
- Exhibits leadership qualities.
- Displays compassion and respect to others.
- Knowledge and commitment to the mission of Catholic Charities.
- Ability to lead; be recognized as a leader; able to exercise fair and good judgment.
- Of good moral character; possess excellent decision making skills.
- Excellent communication skills; be a good listener.
- Ability to multi-task; be innovative; able to respond to urgent and/or unexpected needs.
- Be willing to be flexible with schedule and work additional hours as needed.
- Ability to work with volunteers; assist the Coordinator with volunteer recruitment.
- Commitment to the mission of the Eau Claire Community Haven House.
- Assists the Coordinator with general operations.
- Assures the staff and volunteers display personal dignity and respect to all guests.
- Assists with the supervision of staff
- Assists the Coordinator with scheduling to assure open hours are covered.
- Provides staff training.
- Supervises volunteers.
- Assures volunteers are scheduled for all open hours.
- Provides volunteer training.
- Assists with volunteer recruitment
- Develops community relationships.
- Maintains appropriate record keeping, data, reporting
- Consults with service providers within community to best serve guests’ needs.
- Maintains client confidentiality in accordance with reasonable standards.
- Follows policies and procedures of the Warming/Cooling Center and Catholic Charities of the Diocese of La Crosse
- Other duties that may be assigned.
The Assistant Coordinator’s supervision and reporting function is to the Eau Claire Community Haven House Coordinator.
For immediate consideration, please fill out an application online and attach your resume and cover letter.