Our Day School an alternative to public school for students whose needs are difficult to meet in traditional public school classrooms, even with supports of accommodations and modifications. Students who enroll may display challenging behaviors due to mental health needs, experienced trauma, Reaction Attachment Disorder or a diagnosis of Developmental Disability as well as Autism Spectrum Disorders. Students may also have associated medical issues such as a seizure disorder that can complicate the education program.
Day School Offerings
- Small classroom size, typically under 6 students with extremely low staff to student ratios.
- Educational services at the elementary, middle, and high school level.
- Educational content includes traditional classes in math, language arts, science and social studies, using materials from the home school district that are modified or using content curriculum that has been modified for students with special needs. Positive behavioral supports and social skills training are embedded into the curriculum throughout the day.
- Therapy services such as speech/language, occupational therapy and physical therapy are available on a consult basis in conjunction with the home school therapists.
- A full size gym and outdoor playground are available for physical activities. A sensory room can be accessed daily for sensory integration or for relaxation.
- Art and P.E. content is offered weekly and follows the state standards suggested by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
Private pay is accepted at any time. Public enrollment must be approved for services by the school district or county funding human services department. Please contact your child’s teacher, case manager or social worker to get started. Please include a copy of the students IEP or contact Breta Lee at 608.519.8032 or 608.403.7274 for a registration form. The referral form can be found below.