Catholic Charities and The Salvation Army are very excited to be continuing our Back 2 School Program which helps children in need throughout the La Crosse area! In 2017 we assisted 800 children with backpacks and school supplies and we anticipate the same, if not more this year. With your support, we hope to meet this need and help children have a successful start to the upcoming school year! There are many ways you can join us in this effort.
- Donate backpacks and/or school supplies
- Make a monetary donation so we can purchase needed supplies
- Purchase Scrip from your local Parish to donate for school supplies (this benefits the Parish as well as the children in need)
- Volunteer to help sort and distribute school supplies
- Refer families in need to sign up for the Back 2 School Program
For more information, please contact Shannon Parker at 608.519.8011. Thank you so much for your consideration and help as we could not fulfill this need without your generosity!
I need help with school supplies/clothing:
All in need are welcome to participate in the Back 2 School Program. Please understand that this is a supplemental program and that all requests may not be met. The Salvation Army is providing outfits to the first 500 students who apply.
If you are in need of help with school supplies for your children, please come in for a walk-in intake at 413 3rd Street South on Mondays from 9 am-12 pm and 1-3 pm either Monday the 30th of July or the Monday the 6th of August. We will help you sign up at those times.
Supplies can be picked up on Wednesday, August 15 at The La Crosse Center in La Crosse. A letter will be sent to you with your scheduled time of pick up.