Hard to believe we are already talking about Back2School! Our 2021-2022 school year is not even over, but we are already planning for the Summer Students and the 2022-2023 area school year. Even with COVID the last couple of years, we have continued to grow and improve our services to families needing assistance with Back 2 School supplies.
All needing help are welcome to participate in the Back2School Program. Begin by filling out an online application - SEE LINK BELOW - or visit us at www.cclse.org. If you need assistance with filling out the application, please call Catholic Charities at 608-782-0710, M – TH, between 9 am and 4 pm. The front desk volunteers will be available to assist you.
There will be 4 Back2School Events where community families can pick up supplies. After you have filled out an application, you will be emailed to confirm your pick-up time.
Back2School Pick Up Locations, Dates, & Times
Erickson – North Side BGC (*Year round students only) - July 7 - 5 – 7:30 pm
La Crosse Center - August 9 - 1 – 6 pm
La Crosse Center - August 10 - 7 am – 1 pm
Mathy BGC - August 18 - 5 – 7:30 pm
*Please note – the event held on July 7th at the Erickson – Boys and Girls Club will only be for students who attend school year-round. It will also be capped at serving 200 students. If you are not eligible for this event or are not one of the first 200 students to sign up, please join us for one of the two remaining event days.
I WOULD LIKE TO JOIN IN SERVICE! HOW CAN I HELP?
- Donate by visiting Back2School Gift Registries at local businesses
- Make a monetary donation so we can purchase needed supplies. We buy in bulk so many times we get more for the money!
- Purchase supplies online - check out our three gift registries below.
- Donate backpacks and/or school supplies (see the list of items needed)
- Purchase Scrip from your local Parish to donate for school supplies (this benefits the parish as well as the children in need)
- Refer families in need to sign-up for the Back2School Program - Apply online
I Want to Volunteer!
We are excited to be collaborating again this year with so many great organizations in service to students who need our support! We hope that you will join all of us and check out the many volunteer opportunities.
- Volunteer to sort, count, and box school supplies in preparation for distribution days
- Volunteer to transport and help set up the school supplies for distribution at the La Crosse Center
- Volunteer to assist families at the La Crosse Center as they pick up their supplies
All of these volunteer opportunities are vital to the success of this program. If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out the online volunteer form - link below. Be sure to include how we may contact you to confirm your scheduled volunteer opportunity! Thank you!
I KNOW A FAMILY THAT NEEDS HELP!
Anyone in need of school supplies should visit our Back2School page on our website and complete an application by clicking on this link or by calling 608-782-0710 and asking for help on completing the application.
Please understand our Back2School Supply Program is a supplemental program. We will do our best to make sure basic needs are met.