The Wausau Warming Center will be relocating to the East Gate Hall at Marathon Park (1201 Stewart Avenue, Wausau) for the remainder of the season. East Gate Hall is a larger space and will be able to accommodate our 25 guests in a spacious and safe environment. This was all made possible through the help of City, County, and local community partners and volunteers. Volunteers should still report to 540 S 3rd Ave location, and everyone will caravan over together. Some other details:
- Red Cross is providing cots
- We have a group of volunteers assisting with moving our essentials to the new location
- We have the building through the close of the season. The morning of Friday, May 1st.
Catholic Charities operates the warming center and works with United Way and other community organizations to ensure success. The Community Warming Center is an action step of the Wausau Housing and Homelessness Coalition, an initiative of United Way that exists to collaboratively raise community awareness to end homelessness by maximizing and strengthening existing resources, developing new, relevant solutions and creating a seamless delivery of services to end homelessness in Marathon County.
- Provides a clean, warm and safe environment for up to 25 adult men and women
- Accepts and encourages guests’ ambitions or hopes
- Provides a nightly hot meal to our guests
- Ensures each guest’s personal dignity, safety and respect
Guest Needs for 2019
We appreciate your support given to the Warming Center and our guests! Donations can be dropped off at 540 S 3rd Avenue in Wausau. Please remember monetary donations are vital to keep our Warming Center open. Make a monetary donation today!
Breakfast & Soft Granola Bars
Winter/Waterproof Gloves & Boots
Hand & Foot Warmers
Men’s & Women’s New Underwear
Fruit and Applesauce Cups
Men’s & Women’s Thermal Underwear (Tops and Bottoms)
Laundry Soap/Dryer Sheets