We are currently looking to fill several positions at the Sojourner House, a homeless shelter in Eau Claire. Catholic Charities and has immediate part-time openings for Lead Staff to assist in the operations of the house. This posting is for one-day time staff to help as well during times between 12 pm – 4 pm.
Prior experience with the homeless or vulnerable desired. Pay is between $11.00-$13.00 per hour based on experience. Students interested in the human services field encouraged to apply!
Day Staff Duties:
- House laundry(scrubs and towels)
- Replenishing tote room (clean sheets and a towel), ensuring tote room is clean and prepared for the evening
- Harvesting pickup (Pizza Ranch, Starbucks, Chipotle, etc.)
- Donation Receiving (gather donation drop-offs from personal and businesses)
- Replenishing toiletries
- General house maintenance to prepare for the evening (inside and outside)
- Meals in roaster on nights a meal is not being provided
- Professional service availability- house facilities maintenance, Wil-Kil pest control, etc.
- Volunteer supervision
- Sorting and maintenance of donations
- And other duties as assigned
Background check required.
For immediate consideration, please fill out an application online and attach your resume and cover letter.