Sojourner House Assistant Coordinator
Through the direction of the Sojourner House Coordinator, The Sojourner House Assistant Coordinator provides local leadership in accordance with the Community Homeless Facilities mission and in accordance with the mission of Catholic Charities. The Sojourner House Assistant Coordinator is responsible “to provide a safe, clean place for single men or women, regardless of what their ambitions or hopes are, to sleep overnight; shower, clean their clothing, and have breakfast while ensuring our guest’s personal dignity, respect, and safety.” The Assistant Coordinator will work collaboratively to link guests to other appropriate services within the Eau Claire Community and Catholic Charities. The Assistant Coordinator will provide supervision to other Sojourner House employees and volunteers and provide them with support and consultation. The Assistant Coordinator will be a link to other agencies, organizations, and the general community.
1. Assists the Coordinator with the general operations of the Sojourner House.
2. Assures the staff and volunteers display personal dignity and respect to all guests.
3. Assists with the supervision of the Sojourner House staff.
• Is responsible for scheduling to ensure open hours are covered.
• Provides staff training.
4. Supervises the Sojourner House volunteers.
• Assures volunteers are scheduled for all open hours.
• Provides volunteer training.
• Recruits volunteers.
5. Develops community relationships.
• Visits other organizations, agencies, events (e.g., service clubs and schools).
• Develops and makes presentations on services and activities of the Warming Center.
6. Maintains appropriate record-keeping, data, reporting, and COA accreditation compliance needs following Catholic Charities' policies.
7. Consults with service providers within Catholic Charities and the community to best serve guests' needs.
8. Collaborates with other Catholic Charities co-workers in other programs and offices. In particular, it develops a cohesive relationship with the Sojourner House Coordinator and other Catholic Charities staff in Eau Claire.
9. Maintains client confidentiality in accordance with reasonable standards.
10. Follows policies and procedures of Catholic Charities.
For immediate consideration, please fill out an application online and attach your resume and cover letter..