The Lead Staff person provides leadership during overnight work shifts in accordance with the mission of Catholic Charities. The Shelter Lead Staff person will provide shelter management during assigned shifts and have local authority when the Coordinator is not present. The Lead Staff person will provide shift supervision to volunteers and provide them with support and assist with their training.
- Education: A High School diploma with some post-high school credits preferred.
- Possess specific interest/training/experience with homeless or marginalized populations.
- Is able to follow established policies and procedures.
- Exhibits leadership qualities.
- Displays compassion and respect to others.
- Knowledge and commitment to the mission of Catholic Charities.
- Ability to lead; be recognized as a leader; able to exercise fair and good judgment.
- Of good moral character; possess excellent decision making skills.
- Excellent communication skills; be a good listener.
- Ability to multi-task; be innovative; able to respond to urgent and/or unexpected needs.
- Ability to work with volunteers.
- Commitment to the mission of Catholic Charities.
- Directs the general operations of the shelter for overnight hours.
- Assures volunteers display personal dignity and respect to all guests.
- Supervises the volunteers and assures volunteers are in place as scheduled.
- Performs data entry and record keeping function as required and assigned.
- Maintains client confidentiality in accordance with reasonable standards.
Help us fulfill our mission of service to others. For immediate consideration, please fill out an application online and attach your resume and cover letter.