The Crawford County Domestic Abuse Program provides an advocate to help you. An advocate will help you by offering personal support when and where it is needed. To reach an advocate, call the Helpline at 1-888-200-8426. Our helpline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
How can an advocate assist you?
- Help you explore options such as a shelter, a restraining order or counseling
- Assist you in making decisions about how to protect yourself
- Explain the limitations of the legal system and what is required of you
- Refer you to needed community resources
- Provide moral support and accompany you to hearings, meetings and visits to other agencies
- Assist you in finding ongoing support through groups working with battered women
*Financial support for this program is provided by a grant from the State of Wisconsin Department of Children and Families, as well as local donations.